Friday, March 2, 2018

From American Thinker - Fun with Justice Alito



Fun with Justice Alito During SCOTUS Oral Arguments:


"How often does laughter repeatedly rock the Supreme Court during oral arguments? How often are oral arguments at the Supreme Court this hilarious?

Defending a state law allowing censorship based on political content before the justices of the Supreme Court is not a job I would volunteer for (even if I were qualified for it, which I am not). So, Attorney Donald Rogan, representing Minnesota in the case Minnesota Voters Alliance v. Mansky, 16-1435.a may have had a thankless task. Nonetheless, Justice Alito had a bit of fun leading him through questioning of what kinds of political content would or would not be allowed in various hypothetical situations.

The law in question allowed local election officials to bar people wearing clothing with political messages from polling places.  (transcript)"

---

JUSTICE ALITO: How about a shirt with the text of the Second Amendment?
MR. ROGAN: Your Honor, I -- I -- I think that that could be viewed as political, that that -- that would be -- that would be –­
JUSTICE ALITO: How about the First Amendment? (Laughter.)
MR. ROGAN: No, Your Honor, I don't -­ I don't think the First Amendment. And, Your Honor, I –­

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/03/fun_with_justice_alito_during_scotus_oral_arguments.html#ixzz58bT32Z00



'via Blog this'