Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Contradictory Indications


The bank opened its lobby again, so I went in and canceled a hacked debit card. Suddenly I learned I had been buying coffee beans on Amazon and some kind of fire protection ( as the bank statement claimed) yet those orders did not appear on Amazon.

They cooked a new card for me. I did not wear a mask, since the best ones are worthless. But the staff did. I said, "It is ironic to walk in and find the bankers wearing masks." They thought it was funny too.

But at the DMV this morning, most of the line wore masks (18 out of 20). I kept my fresh as a daisy until I walked into to government zone. We were all wearing masks and six feet apart. I was third in line for county taxes. When it moved forward, I moved an inch or two. The woman ahead of me sternly said, "You need to stay back on that line, six feet apart." I laughed. In a few minutes we were courting death, only three (3) feet part because the windows were closer together than the latest edict demanded.

I told the clerk, "I am 100% certified healthy." I pointed at my smiley sticker from H.O.G. (Highland Oncology Group) I have my temperature taken more often than a hypochondriac tenor at the opera. I will have it taken again as I enter the main building for H.O.G.

 This is the AAA version of the government and Wuhan Flu.