Friday, June 2, 2023

Yes - I Get Free Gym Visits via Social Security's Silver Sneakers

 


I kept increasing the number of visits to Planet Fitness because regular exercise:
  • Eliminates and prevents pain.
  • Boosts metabolism.
  • Strengthens bones and tendons.

I started at one or two workouts a week, but that tended to weaken to once a week. I went to three per week, but that often ended up twice a week. I settled on aiming at five weekdays, assuming four or three visits at the least. Rigorous gardening equals one workout.

I usually skip breakfast. This is my favorite lunch after a workout:
  1. Huge amount of chopped spinach, half bag.
  2. One can of chick peas aka garbanzo beans, low sodium 120 mg salt, not Bush or flavored beans.
  3. Sliced frozen mushrooms.
  4. Slices of smoked beef or chicken sausage.
  5. Tomato paste for lutein and flavor.
  6. Sliced frozen carrots.
  7. Green and red peppers and onions.
  8. Walnuts.
This is very low calories, low salt, and inexpensive. My two quart lunch costs $6, and sometimes I use the overage for supper. Fiber, protein, and many forms of nutrition are included, but very little fat, salt, or sugar.