Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Crying of the Children and the Lamentation of Their Vimin


Anti-anti-CG bloggers are crying, sulking, pouting, and holding their breath until their lips turn blue.


I used to hear the Bethany Seminary students recite their favorite quotation from Conan the Barbarian, "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear crying of the children and the lamentation of their vimin." Only Arnold could recite a line like that without laughing.

In the interest of honoring the Eighth Commandment, I have to admit that no anonymous poster on this blog is a Church Growther (Shrinker) or a Church and Changer (Chicanery). They are not Church Growth, just anti-anti-Church Growth.

Joe Krohn moved from one generic Babtist WELS emerging church (CrossWalk in Phoenix) to another one in Round Rock (Rock N Roll with Doebler), and he often posted on the Church and Change list with his complete name, fairly drooling over their confabs. But Joe Krohn is not one of them. I know because he claimed he was not.

Nor is Kudu Don Patterson a Church and Changer. He did present there and he actually traveled a long distance to be at their 2009 gathering. But he is not a Chicanery, because he said he was not. He probably went to Exponential for the same reason, just to look around and scowl at all the WELS workers who were there practicing unionism.

Mrs. Ichabod just reminded me - Patterson took a bunch of WELS workers to Exponential. Never mind. He is a District VP, so everything he does is orthodox.

Joe Krohn shut down and erased his second major effort at blogging. I checked in once a week to see if I was the only reader. I was.

Someone told me Krohn and Patterson were buddies.

Krohn's blogging pal, Tim Felt-Needs, just wrote that it was not worth his precious time to write on Ichabod. Of course, I do not remember him using his real name very often. Perhaps he meant writing some more superficial posts on his blog, where he defends yet another WELS emerging church - Victory of the Movie Screen and Treats.

That made me wonder about the fake blog. Once again, all those files are erased. Joe Krohn erased his blog twice. The fake Ichabod erased his blog two times. Just sayin'.

The fake blog was hotter than Georgia asphalt for UOJ and Church Growth. I have not seen so much passion since Wally Oelhafen, Floyd Luther Stolzenburg, and Paul Kuske joined forces.

I let the nasty anonymous comments through all the time because I wanted the WELS members and pastors to see what the Church Growth people are like. They have been doing the same thing to the duly elected elected SP of WELS. The members and pastors are not aware of what goes on. I do not have a direct line, of course. I have just observed their published behavior, with the Kelm calls (twice) and the Stetzer and Sweet invitations.

Too bad no one will ever see what the Shrinkers did with all the loot from Marvin Schwan. But at least everyone can see what they have done to Lutheran doctrine, Lutheran worship, and Lutheran practice. Their showcase exhibits are The CORE, Victory of the Movie Theater, Latte Lutheran Church, GunnWalk, Rock N Rock, and a few other money pits.



---

Brett Meyer has left a new comment on your post "The Crying of the Children and the Lamentation of ...":

Here's one of Joe Krohn's statements on the Church and Change WELS listserve discussing satanist Leonard Sweet's invitation to teach them:

"I have been following this Dr. Sweet thread and it's morphs with great interest.

This is a great example of the verse "iron sharpens iron" a pastor friend of mine uses quite often. Just to interject, and this may have been stated already; yes, we live in the end times, but we are not growing and there are churches that have experienced phenomenal growth in the last 10 to 15 years. We have to do something. I don't know if I'll be at the conference, but I am somewhat put off by the fact that it is assumed by some on this list that some of us cannot discern what is good and what is bad. The casual/baby Christian/low end of the spectrum faith worshipper is not going to be at the Conference. These are people with strong faiths who show genuine concern about the future of our Synod and theology. Reaction on this list is proof of that. We are pretty much WELS Christians who are very involved in our churches. Thank the Lord that Luther was able to discern. Luther is a great example to look at in times like these. Take what is good and throw out the bad. But you have to remain relevant in today’s society and if we need to bring in someone who can help us, I say go for it! When I see churches like Lakewood in Houston buy the old Omni because of their growth, or Saddleback in California, or Chandler Christian Church right in my back yard buying up chunks of real estate to expand, I think they must be doing something right!! I would never approve of their theologies, but hey, why can’t we take what they are doing right and graft it on our theology? We’re pretty proud of our theology aren’t we? At least that’s the impression I get from this list. We have to get proactive. I fear our Synod has waited too long. At times I grieve for WELS. We just need to get as evangelical as the Evangelicals are and be like it says in our name: Wisconsin EVANGELICAL Lutheran Synod.
God Bless you all!
Joe Krohn"

WELS: S.S. Titanic

---

rlschultz has left a new comment on your post "The Crying of the Children and the Lamentation of ...":

Joe Krohn is wrong in more ways than one. Iron does not sharpen iron. You need a harder metal to sharpen the softer metal. Tool steel can sharpen iron. Since we are on this subject, "the Word of God is quicker and more powerful than any two-edged sword".

***

GJ - I wonder if the iron reference began with the Iron Sharpens Iron Babtecostal Conferences. The speakers are the usual bunch, not quite the A List icons of Exponential. Chuck Colson is the first name I really recognized, but I don't go to Schwaermer conferences for a seven-day high. I have grandchildren for that, and it lasts 24/7.

I am not making any charges, but these ecumenical conferences attract WELS and Missouri Shrinkers the way Velcro attracts lint.