Monday, November 21, 2016

The Long Summer Has Ended

 This Luther quotation is a favorite of mine - and many others.

Our third night of 20 degree weather arrived, so the trees are changing color, dropping leaves, and giving us a late autumn.

I wanted a lot more leaves to prepare the soil for spring, but I have been enjoying the best roses ever - until now. I rescued a vase of roses before the big chill happened. I will get some photos when the sun is up. I found two more Veterans Honor roses yesterday, so I added them to the mix.

I took Mrs. I out for gluten-free pizza, for our anniversary. No, it is much better than it sounds. The crust is like crackers. She told the owner than it was our 47th anniversary, so we received a free dessert - sherbet in various fruit flavors.

The owner said, "I hope you got her flowers." Mrs. I said, "I have a vase of roses - all kinds - from the garden," went on to describe the rose paradise. That tends to stun people, thinking about roses rather than grass in the front yard.

We have a trifecta tomorrow. We are getting together with LI's family to celebrate Alex's birthday, Thanksgiving, and our anniversary. Mrs I said, "Dress up for this." I said, "OK, clean sweats." That was upgraded several notches. "And bring the camera." OK.

We have endured the seven lean years of hope and change. We are ready for seven fat years. Moving here seven years ago was a great blessing. We have seen Alex grow up and our granddaughters turn into young ladies enjoying their work at Sonic. The medical system is superb because Walmart and Tyson expect that for their workforce and executives.