Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Stetzer on Ice: Comments from Bailing Water



WELS is getting embarrassing.


Bailing Water:

Anonymous said...
I have never posted on here but have watched this blog for the last year. I am amazed at several things. First of all, It is frightening how sublte (sic) the Church and Change movement has been. Now it seems that the fight is on again. The Change movement hires a Baptist speaker again. The COP closes its eyes and turns its head. The mission churches in our synod continue follow the rock and roll trends and hide communion. They were told not to drop the name Lutheran yet they hide their Lutheran affiliation.

I have decided that I have not left my synod, my synod has left me. I will no longer support the mission efforts of the WELS. My own WELS pastor is confessionally sound and yikes we even have weekly communion. He has told me he doesn't get involved in the larger synodical politics.

It is amazing that so many of you on both sides are mean-spirited. You scream that this blog needs to be shut down yet you return. Where else do welsers go for frontline synodical information? [GJ - Um, Ichabod.]

Those on the other side. How many of you have talked to your pastor about Ed Stetzer and our Rock and Roll churches?

That is my little rant!

November 16, 2008 7:16 AM

Anonymous said...
Yes, I have spoken extensively to my pastor about Ed Stetzer and the Rock n Roll mission start-ups. He has spoken to the District President. We await action from President Mark Schroeder and the COP. I let it be known that if Ed Stetzer does speak at the conference, I will be severing from WELS.

November 17, 2008 10:52 PM