Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Ex of a WELS Pastor Writes



GA at work, again?


Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "All Divorced WELS Pastors Have "Scriptural" Divorc...":

I was previously married to a WELS pastor who after years of emotional, spiritual, and physical abuse (not to mention constant pressure to file for divorce) I filed mostly to show him I had a spine after all. He took everything I owned and called everyone in the synod to tell them I had been unfaithful, had an abortion, was a drug addict, etc., etc. I was facing excommunication - he moved onto a call where he was doing marital counseling (and even told me to not call him because he was fearful his now girlfriend would be upset with him talking to me). He has since remarried and I tried to raise awareness of the case to the circuit pastor and president of the synod, but I continually was admonished without audience or explanation. All I can say is it seemed clear they did not care about hearing the truth but instead chose to protect their investment. Suffice to say, I am no longer WELS.