Thursday, July 17, 2014

Breaking News - Babtists Bought Glende's Foreclosed Church in Savoy, Illinois -
Future Mega-church Planned

Glende did not want a church on the university campus,
so he changed the name, grabbed subsidy CMO money,
rented, then started to build a coffee bar church.
Glende skipped town before his disaster was built.

Babtists will be occupying Star of Bethlehem in Savoy from now on, as part of their plan to go multi-site and mega-church.

WELS refused to give Savoy any help, but they had almost $500,000 to buy a gift for Ski and Glende - a bankrupt bar next-door (1 minute by auto)  to a beautiful old urban WELS congregation.

At the same time, Glende was crowing about the annual $1.4 million budget at St. Peter, Freedom and selling Wings for Jesus.

Your mission dollars at work! Built in 2010, foreclosed in 2014.

Real estate information:
"Built in 2010, this 3,499 SF structure features metal steel studs with steel exterior siding and asphalt shingled roof, on a concrete slab. Mechanicals consist of a Forced Air Natural Gas furnace with Central Air and 225 amp electrical service.

Site is adjacent to Prairie Fields Subdivision & Prairie Meadows Subdivision in East Savoy with agricultural fields directly east and south. Subdivisions are detached single family homes and duplexes."

---

Polluted WELS Blog

AnonymousRandall Schultz said...
Joel,
Since you asked, I will do my best to respond in a civil manner. Those of us who are not ashamed of being Confessional Lutherans usually have a dog in this fight. I do not believe that disputing us will accomplish much. At the risk of beating a dead horse, CoWo is lame at best and usually destructive at worst. This why so many of us oppose it.

There is a reason why Confessional Lutherans will appear here and other places where their voice will be heard. I was informed by Greg Jackson that Ichabod is getting 3000 page views per day. In spite of synod leaders efforts, we will not go away.

Being a life long WELS member, I can remember when there was a time that there was a whole lot more accountability in the leadership. In 1961, our pastor was caught committing adultery with one of the members. He was permanently out of the public ministry. He was well liked by his members, but there was a lot at stake there.

Demographics aside, there are several reasons why WELS membership has declined from a peak of about 420,000 members. The problem here is that the leadership simply will not fess up to it. To do so would mean that they have been wrong about pushing CGM so much.

The real casualty manifests itself in the manner in which dissenters are often treated. Just look at what happened to Pastor Paul Rydecki or Pastor Kevin Hastings of old historic St. John's, to name a few. I have witnessed elders getting brow beat over nothing at meetings. While it is true that this is not happening everywhere, the selective nature of it is truly frightening. Some members will figure this out. If you have the right name or are in the proper circle, you can be given a free pass. Others are not so fortunate.

Then there is the "8 and 18 switch". One member once told me "Matthew Chapter 18 is the most popular part of the Bible in the WELS". Likewise, speaking the truth in love is often met with a law whacking from the 8th commandment. It reminds me of that line from Luther, "false teachers flay their disciples to the bone".
So this is a small sample of why I said that you could give up on us. I have managed to avoid a personal attack and I am really not interested in flaming on a blog. My comment about being outed has to do with your posts that sort of stick out like a sore thumb from the rest of them.
Also, this is my real name and I will use it. I am employed in a secular environment, so I am not concerned about loss of income. Others may post anonymously because they they fear the type of backlash that I have mentioned in this post. I respect their choice. 

Finally, I will not write letters to the DP, synod HQ, the members of my congregation, my pastor, the circuit pastor, etc. Most of them know of the shenanigans with the exception of the laity who are out of the loop. That is not their fault if they have not been informed. I will not pursue the "proper channels" because I have neither the time or the patience to be jacked around or ignored.
In Christ,
Randall Schultz
July 16, 2014 at 5:48 PM