Monday, March 2, 2015

Gardening Addicts Want Their Daily Fix - As Do I



I get messages about writing more Creation gardening posts, and one reader chuckles that he got me on this topic. I enjoy writing them as much as others enjoy reading them, perhaps even more.

The slowdown in teaching did not materialize in January, but there is a slight lull now, so I am going to work on various book projects: Creation Gardening, justification by faith, and the apologetic mystery novel.



Like grading papers, nothing gets done until it gets started. My favorite practical writer, Kevin Leman, published a book on the frustrated perfectionist. The book described me well and helped me finish the project of the time. Frustrated perfectionists have trouble finishing their projects.

Oddly enough, visiting Melville's home in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, where I preached at Kelm's old church, gave me the impetus to finish Catholic, Lutheran, Protestant, which I am revising now for Amazon. Melville's home was next to the parsonage, but the current pastor had not visited it yet, because "I am waiting for the day, once a year, when it is free." That is a telling commentary on the intellectual curiosity of a typical WELS pastor. The tour cost us $3 each and we saw the image of a whale breaching the surface of the ocean that inspired Melville to write Moby Dick.

I am going to write the Creation Gardening book the same way as the posts - using the latest scientific information, Scriptures, and great gardening resources to connect Creation with all we see around us.