Friday, March 4, 2011

Avoiding Doctrinal Issues Like the Plague

The "Elmer Gantry" or Ohio Conference, Michigan District, WELS, was full of covered-up scandals.
When the pastors weren't climbing telephone poles on a DUI,
they were chasing women and CG.



Someone asked for my paper from 1992, so I sent the file to him and others, posting it as well.

I posted quite a few things on websites over the years. I downloaded all the files, so I have plenty to share at the right time.

The paper originated this way. The conference wanted a paper on the Book of Concord in today's church. No one volunteered, so I did. Rich Krause,conference chair and Circuit Pussycat, was getting a drive-by DMin from a group of liberal seminaries (supervised by Larry Olson, DMin Fuller). Notice the irony of a unionist Shrinker under the supervision of a unionist Shrinker supervising doctrine in the circuit.

I put together a paper, comparing what WELS leaders were saying to the Book of Concord authors. I dared to quote the false teachers like Kelm and Olson and contrast them with Lutheran theologians.

VP Paul Kuske was outraged. I was undermining the foundation of false doctrine and clergy adultery, the basis of WELS doctrine and practice. He was point-man for both in the Michigan District.

The paper was supposed to be discussed and voted upon. Although certain pastors circulated the story that my wife was not sick at all, they suddenly decided not to discuss or vote on the paper, because of Mrs. Ichabod's illness. Cowards.

When I resigned from WELS, the same chickens decided they needed to vote on the paper, in my absence. To vote it down. One of the pastors said to the cowards, "You had the chance when he was here, and you refused. You cannot vote on it now." As if their vote mattered. The only way they would have approved the paper? - if they met me at their favorite STD clinic, bandaged up from a boozy wreck on my way to a Fuller DMin cluster.

The un-voted-upon paper vanished from the conference, because so many took copies to share with others. I know it was copied and sent all over, since this was pre-Net. I offered it through Martin Chemnitz Press, and it was ordered by many different people.

I also posted the paper when I kept a domain going.

Someone active in WELS wrote back, after reading the paper this week, "The more things change, the more they stay the same almost 20 yrs. later."

No, things are far worse among the "conservative" Lutheran churches. They now brag about what they used to deny sponsoring. I had one guy phone me and scream over the phone that Pilgrim Community Church (Columbus) and CrossRoads in S. Lyons never happened. But FICL brags about worse examples, like Latte Lutheran Church with its female pastor.